PM Modi strongly supports Afghanistan at the Heart of Asia Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday called for resolute action against those who support, shelter, train and finance terror forces.
The Prime Minister jointly inaugurated the Heart of Asia Summit along with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in Amritsar.
In his address at the 6th conference of Heart of Asia, PM Modi identified key issues in supporting Afghanistan, beginning with an Afghan-led, Afghan-owned & Afghan-controlled process.
Excerpts from PM’s Speech:
* Silence and inaction against terrorism in Afghanistan and our region will only embolden terrorists and their masters.
* We should all work to build stronger positive connectivity between Afghanistan & other countries of the region.
* India’s commitment to the brave Afghan brothers and sisters is absolute and unwavering.
* Support for voices of peace in Afghanistan alone is not enough. It must be backed by a resolute action.
* We must demonstrate strong collective will to defeat terror that spreads fear.
* We must build on the gains of last 15 years and march ahead.
* We have no doubt of the scale of the challenge, but we are equally determined to succeed.